Kogarah Taxi | Maxi Cabs | Shuttle Services
Book Now by Call or Text: 0412093850 or Booking form below
Kogarah Maxi Cabs Service and Taxi to Sydney Airport Booking Site
Kogarah is a suburb of southern Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Kogarah is located 14 kilometres south of the Sydney central business district and is considered to be the centre of the St George area.
Kogarah took its name from Kogarah Bay, a small bay on the northern shore of the Georges River. The suburb originally stretched to the bay but has since been divided up to form the separate suburbs of Kogarah Bay and Beverley Park.
Kogarah has a mixture of residential, commercial and light industrial areas. It is also known for its large number of schools (including primary school, high school and tertiary education) and health care services (including two hospitals and many medical centres). The NRL side, St George Illawarra Dragons have their Sydney office based at nearby Jubilee Oval, often referred to as Kogarah Oval. Kogarah features all types of residential developments from low density detached houses, to medium density flats and high density high-rise apartments.
Kogarah is derived from an Aboriginal word meaning rushes or place of reeds. It had also been written as ‘Coggera’, ‘Cogerah’ and ‘Kuggerah’ but the current spelling was settled when the railway line came through the area in the 1880s.
Early land grants in the area were made to John Townson (1760–1835) who received 910 hectares from 1808 to 1810, centred on Hurstville and James Chandler, whose neighbouring estate was centred on Bexley. The district provided fruit, vegetables and oysters for Sydney. In 1869, St Paul’s Church of England opened on Rocky Point Road (now Princes Highway). It was built on 0.81 hectares of land given to the church by William Wolfen the Swedish Consul to Sydney, who owned 320 hectares (800 acres) in Kogarah. The suburb grew around the church and the Gardeners Arms Hotel. Kogarah became a municipality in 1885.
The former neighbourhood of Moorefield is now part of Kogarah. It was originally a 24-hectare (60-acre) land grant from Governor Lachlan Macquarie in 1812 to Patrick Moore, who built a fine house there. The Moorefield racecourse built by a descendant opened in 1888. Brigadier General John Lamrock CB VD was appointed secretary of the Moorefield Race Club in 1912 and remained in that position until early in 1935. The Moorefield estate was subdivided in the 1950s and the Department of Education purchased 7.7 hectares , where it built two high schools and college of further education. Moorefields Girls High School was erected there in 1955 on the former site of Moore’s farm.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text 0412093850
To Airport: $TBA (approx.)
To Sydney CBD: $TBA (approx.)
*Maxi Charges is 50% extra
• Kogarah most affordable Maxi Cab service
• Kogarah Maxi Cabs Service
• Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cabs, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
• Instant Quotes and bookings
• 24 Hours phone support
• Direct contact with the driver
• A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
• Pay by invoice option
• VIP pickup at Sydney Airport – skip the long waiting queue