Mulgoa Taxi | Maxi Cabs | Shuttle Services
Book Now by call or Text: 0412093850 or Online booking form below
Mulgoa Maxi Cabs Service and Taxi to Sydney Airport Booking Site
Mulgoa is a village, located in the local government area of the City of Penrith, in the region of western Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Mulgoa is located approximately 66 kilometres west of the Sydney central business district.
Mulgoa covers an area of 5,530 hectares, south of the Penrith suburbs of Regentville and Glenmore Park.
Mulgoa takes its name from the Mulgoa people who were the indigenousinhabitants of the area and spoke the Dharug language. The name is believed to mean black swan. The Mulgoa weren’t the only inhabitants of the area. They shared the Mulgoa Valley with the Gandangara people of the Southern Highlands, whose territory extended up into the Blue Mountains. They lived a hunter-gatherer lifestyle governed by traditional laws, which had their origins in the Dreamtime. Their homes were bark huts called ‘gunyahs’. They hunted kangaroos and emus for meat, and gathered yams, berries and other native plants.
Following the arrival of the First Fleet in Sydney, there were a number of bloody battles between the British settlers and the local indigenous people in this area, however, it is believed that the Mulgoa people were generally peaceful and most of the clashes were with the Gandangara. The first government land grants in the area were made in 1810 to Edward Cox, the four-year-old son of Captain William Cox, who constructed a famous road across the Blue Mountains in 1814. William Cox built The Cottage on the land in about 1811. Fernhill, a much grander residence with associated gardens, now heritage-listed, was completed in the 1840s, although the proposed second-storey was never added. Not far away dwelt Cox’s friend Sir John Jamison, who erected the colony’s finest mansion, Regentville House, in 1824, on an eminence overlooking the Nepean River. In 1821, three large land grants were made on the Nepean at Mulgoa to the Norton family: James Norton, the founder of Sydney’s first law firm and his father and brother, Nathaniel.
The centre of Mulgoa’s spiritual life in the colonial era was St Thomas’ Anglican Church, which dates from 1838. It was the first public building in the Mulgoa Valley and was constructed out of sandstone and cedar on paddocks donated by the Cox family, with Sir John Jamison serving as one of its patrons. The Reverend Thomas Cooper Makinson was St Thomas’ inaugural rector. Attached to the church was Mulgoa’s first school which operated until 1871–72, when the Mulgoa Provisional School replaced it.
In 1893, Mulgoa’s population was sufficiently large to be granted the status of a municipality. Its area extended beyond the current suburb boundaries. In 1949, however, council rationalisations led to it merging with Penrith, St Marys and Castlereagh into a larger Penrith Municipality. These days, Mulgoa is still primarily a rural area.
Mulgoa Post Office opened on 1 September 1863.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text 0412093850
To Airport: $TBA (approx.)
To Sydney CBD: $TBA (approx.)
*Maxi Charges is 50% extra
• Mulgoa most affordable Maxi Cab service
• Mulgoa Maxi Cabs Service
• Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cabs, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
• Instant Quotes and bookings
• 24 Hours phone support
• Direct contact with the driver
• A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
• Pay by invoice option
• VIP pickup at Sydney Airport – skip the long waiting queue