Prospect Taxi | Maxi Cabs | Shuttle Services
Book Now by call or Text: 0412093850 or Online booking form below
Prospect Maxi Cabs Service and Taxi to Sydney Airport Booking Site
Prospect is a suburb of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Prospect is located 32 kilometres west of the Sydney central business district in the local government area of the City of Blacktown and is part of the Greater Western Sydney region. One of the oldest suburbs in Sydney, Prospect takes its name from the prominent nearby landmark of Prospect Hill – from the top of which people could get a prospect of (see a great distance) the surrounding countryside.
Initially a settlement for emancipated convicts, it later became a village. Since colonisation, settlers cleared larger areas of land to raise livestock, build churches, inns, schools, shops and a large reservoir. Naturalist Charles Darwin visited Prospect in January 1836, to observe the geology.
Prospect is adjacent to the Great Western Highway and the M4 Motorway, providing road access to the western sections of the city and eastward to the Sydney CBD.
Prospect Highway links Prospect to central Blacktown.
Blacktown railway station provides access to the Sydney Trains and NSW TrainLink networks, especially Sydney Trains’ North Shore, Northern & Western Line. Several bus companies offer connecting services between Prospect and Blacktown, via Blacktown Road.
Notable people who have resided in the suburb include:
• Pemulwuy – a member of the Bidjigal tribe, was the main leader of raids by aboriginal people against the colony of New South Wales in the 1790s. In 1797 the war escalated; his guerrillas started regular raids on settlements in the Parramatta and Prospect Hill areas.
• William Lawson – who with Gregory Blaxland and William Charles Wentworth, explored a route across the Blue Mountains. He was granted 500 acres at Prospect and built a large house there in the 1820s, which he named Veteran Hall.
• Natasha Crofts – Australian Mother of the Year in 2007
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text 0412093850
To Airport: $TBA
To Sydney CBD: $TBA
*Maxi Charges is 50% extra
• Prospect most affordable Maxi Cab service
• Prospect Maxi Cabs Service
• Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cabs, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
• Instant Quotes and bookings
• 24 Hours phone support
• Direct contact with the driver
• A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
• Pay by invoice option
• VIP pickup at Sydney Airport – skip the long waiting queue