Valley Heights Taxi | Maxi Cab | Shuttle Services
Book Now by Call or Text: 0412093850 or Booking form below
Valley Heights Maxi Cab Service and Taxi to Sydney Airport Booking Site
Valley Heights is a small township of the City of Blue Mountains in New South Wales, Australia. It is about 70 km from Sydney and is located east of the township of Springwood. At the 2006 census, Valley Heights had a population of 1,337 people.
Valley Heights developed its own piece of the ridgeline that has been the main route west from Sydney since colonial history, and has some strong evidence of a rich pre-colonial inhabitance. At an elevation of 300 to 320 metres above sea level, the climate has been considered very conducive to a huge range of plants. The native ecological communities are fairly typical of other Hawkesbury sandstone with shale transition forests, yet exhibit the local specificness we have come to expect in the Blue Mountains, NSW. Current development is restricted by council reserves and National Park
Valley Heights has a railway station, rail museum and the historic Gatekeepers cottage where the gatekeeper employed by the railway lived in the early steam era.
Valley Heights’ commercial area centres on and north of the Great Western Highway, comprising light industrial and hardware retail services.
Valley Heights has a railway station on the Blue Mountains Line of the NSW TrainLink intercity network.
Valley Heights is the start of the steeply graded, 1 in 33 (3%) section to Katoomba. The gradient approaching Valley Heights from Sydney is 1 in 60 (1.67%). In older times, assistant engines were attached here to uphill trains, which explains the existence of the roundhouse, now the Valley Heights Locomotive Depot Heritage Museum.
A number of rail heritage items in Valley Heights are listed on the New South Wales State Heritage Register:
• The railway station and the locomotive depot including the roundhouse
• The railway gatehouse in Greens Parade, Valley Heights
• Steam tram rolling stock held at the Valley Heights locomotive depot
• a cattle van, a brake van, and two preserved steam engines
Blue Mountains Transit (formerly Pearce Omnibus and later Blue Mountains Bus Company) headquarters and depot are located in Valley Heights.
Getting there by Taxi:
Call or Text 0412093850
To Airport: $TBA (approx.)
To Sydney CBD: $TBA (approx.)
*Maxi Charges is 50% extra
• Valley Heights most affordable Maxi Cab service
• Valley Heights Maxi Cab Service
• Taxi with Baby Seat, Maxi Cab, Group Transfers, Airport Transfers
• Instant Quotes and bookings
• 24 Hours phone support
• Direct contact with the driver
• A Fleet of Luxury vehicles
• Pay by invoice option
• VIP pickup at Sydney Airport – skip the long waiting queue